1:8 Metal Keys and Key Tag
£22.00 ex VAT
Made-to-order (Typically 3-4 weeks)
Designed to either hang out of the door or from the ignition, these 1:8 scale metal keys are the perfect addition to your model.
They can be inserted just like a real key! They really are as close as you can get to the real thing, just much, much smaller!
Supplied on a protective backing card and within a metal frame the keys can be easily released from their supports using a small craft knife. Fully illustrated instructions are provided to guide you through the process of releasing the keys and installing them into your car.
The Ignition Key
The ignition key used for the DeLorean Time Machine was actually a Volvo key, not a stock DMC key as you would expect. I have also included the stock DMC key in case you would like to use or display it separately, but it wasn’t used in the movie.
There are two options for installing the ignition key into your model. It is provided in two lengths: full length and half length.
The full length key can be installed directly into the model by making a small hole or slot, or if you prefer you can use the half length keys which can be glued to the car instead.
The Bent Key
Included within the original set of keys was a vintage ignition key (not for the DeLorean itself) which featured a bend. This has been catered for even at this tiny scale with two score lines allowing you to replicate this bend. If you look closely you’ll be able to see this demonstrated in the photos opposite.
The Key Tag
Handmade and pre-attached to the keyring for convenience, the key tag has also been faithfully matched to the original seen in the movie. Double-sided, it includes Doc Brown’s contact details, address and licence number, which on his key tag actually reads OUT-A-TIME.
Bonus Stock Keys
As mentioned earlier, I have included these bonus stock keys in homage to the original DeLorean DMC-12. Whilst they didn’t feature in the movie, they would be particularly useful if you are building a stripped back 1:8 DeLorean DMC-12. If you plan on using these you will need to paint the heads black to match the plastic heads of the originals.
- 1 x Blue key tab with insert
- 2 x Key rings, 1 pre-attached to the blue key tab and 1 spare (can be used for the bonus stock DMC key if desired)
- 1 x Metal key frame housing all keys supplied on a protective backing card (breakdown of keys detailed below):
- 3 x General metal keys which shared the same key ring as the ignition key
- 1 x DeLorean Time Machine ignition key
- 2 x Half-length DeLorean Time Machine ignition keys
- 4 x Key holes (1 for the ignition, 1 for each door, and 1 spare)
- 1 x Stock DMC ignition key
- 2 x Half-length stock DMC ignition keys
- 1 x Illustrated set of instructions